An ecommerce website is a type of website that allows businesses to sell products or services online. This can include physical goods, digital products, and even services. Ecommerce websites usually have a shopping cart and checkout system that allows customers to add items to their cart, proceed to checkout, and make a payment.
Some popular features of an ecommerce website include:
- Product listings: This is where customers can browse and view products for sale on the site.
- Shopping cart: A shopping cart is a feature that allows customers to add items to their cart and keep track of what they want to purchase.
- Checkout system: This is where customers enter their shipping information and make payment for their purchases.
- Customer account: A customer account is a feature that allows customers to store their shipping information and view their order history.
- Payment processing: Ecommerce websites usually integrate with payment gateways, such as PayPal or Stripe, to securely process customer payments.
- Order management: This is the backend process of managing orders, including tracking orders, fulfilling orders, and processing returns.
Ecommerce websites offer a convenient way for businesses to reach customers online, and for customers to purchase products or services without having to visit a physical store. By providing a seamless shopping experience, ecommerce websites can help businesses increase their sales and grow their customer base.